Advance MS Excel, 1 Day Training Workshop - from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Why Excel is important: Microsoft Excel is one of the greatest, most powerful, most important software applications of all time. Many in the industry will have no doubt about it. It provides enormous capacity to do quantitative analysis, letting you do anything from statistical analyses of databases with hundreds of thousands of records to complex estimation tools with user-friendly front ends. And unlike traditional statistical programs, it provides an intuitive interface that lets you see what happens to the data as you process them. Excel is everywhere you look in the business world? Especially in areas where people are adding up numbers a lot, like marketing, business development, sales, and, yes, finance. Extracting data from back-end systems and shoving it around in Excel spread sheets.
Topics to be covered
1) Excel Quick Overview: Use of Excel, Version differences, its boundaries & features
2) Data Formatting & Custom settings: Number, Text, Date, Currency, Custom settings. Data formatting & cleaning.
3) Conditional Formatting: Once defined, Excel will automatically change the color of your values e.g. up or down, high or low, pass or fail, profit or loss etc.
4) Filters, Queries & Data Sorting: Drill down your data to your desired level based on multiple choices & conditions. Sort data based on your choice e.g. like North, East, West, South rather than alphabetically.
5) Formula Writing & Fixing Errors: Financial, Logical, Text, Day and Time, Statistical, Mathematical etc Sum, Average, Count, Minimum, Maximum, Absolute, Concatenate, Count, CountA, CountBlank, CountIf, Day, Today, Even, Exact, Exp, Find, Int, IsBlank, Left, Len, Lower, Upper, Proper, Now, Power, Rank, Right, Round, Trim etc.
6) If-Then-Else & Nested If commands: You can produce different set of results based on slabs, conditions, stages etc.
7) Vlookup / Hlookup : You have large amount of data placed at different locations & you want to merge it based on common values & its relevance. We will show how this can be done with V lookup & H lookup.
8) Graphs & Charts: In this workshop you will learn how to create, modify & update graphs / charts like Column, Line, Pie, Bar, Area, Scatter, 3D etc.
9) Hyper / Data Linking: Hyper & data linking, within or outside Worksheet / Excel File is an important feature. This helps update data automatically.
10) Grouping / Ungrouping: Sometime data needs to be grouped for summarized results and crisp view. No problem, grouping and ungrouping feature will help you do so.
11) Pivot Tables: It helps you summarizes your data as per your desire. You need to select data in a range & produce consolidated results in pre-defined or user defined reporting formats.
12) Macros recording, use, editing, linking: Record, edit and use Macros with little or no programming knowledge, automated recording of functions or actions helps a lot for quick execution with shortcut keys.
13) Security & Protection for worksheet and file: It will help you protect your cells, worksheet or an excel file from unauthorized use.
14) Data validation: With this feature you can prevent wrong data entry in your specified format.